• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

what are the odds that RVD would ever go to TNA in the future :mellow:...anyone think it might happen

#2 marter

marter

It has been a while

• Code-X Member
  • 774 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:09 PM

View PostEvilMadness, on Jan 23 2007, 01:35 PM, said:

what are the odds that RVD would ever go to TNA in the future :mellow:...anyone think it might happen
I'd say pretty good, I heard somewhere that he doesn't like the way he is being treated in WWE.

#3 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

yeah i guess when you only been WWE/ECW Champion once...you start thinking about getting better opportunites at other places...it looks to me like that but i haven't watched ECW in weeks...so he might be ECW Champion for all i know

#4 Brcherres

Brcherres

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

RVD is off the ECW title run for a while now, Test is on now and it might be Holly next, plus id really like to see RVD in TNA cause we can see the old RVD back and because I dont think hes being treated right in WWE.

#5 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:25 PM

what exactly is the "old" rvd...this man hasnt changed up his move-set since he started...he added ONE move, the van terminator...hell shane 'o mac does it better than rvd...rvd has been the same for as long as i remember...if he goes to tna its just gonna be the same rvd but with a push..thats it...

rvd had his chance and honestly he ****ed it up...he finally got his BIG PUSH...wwe AND ecw world champion Simultaneously and he goes and gets busted w/ pot...

he should have known his push would be taken away...its pretty simple rvd screwed rvd...im sure he'd still be ecw champ right now and might even be in the world title match @ wm...

if rvd does go to tna it wont be any different than now imo except he'll have a title belt or be in contention for the belt

#6 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

View PostBrcherres, on Jan 25 2007, 08:53 PM, said:

RVD is off the ECW title run for a while now, Test is on now and it might be Holly next, plus id really like to see RVD in TNA cause we can see the old RVD back and because I dont think hes being treated right in WWE.
so RVD isn't it the Title hunt anymore RVD should be to the ECW title like Cena is to Raws WWE title...RVD is the most popular ECW Superstar...his teunt would be better used on TNA Christian Cage is alright a 2 time NWA Champion....which i think (i might be worng) he's been there a year right and in that time he's been their Champion two times...in WWE he never held a big title like the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Title etc...i bet if RVD jumped he would be at leasted TNA X Division Champion in a few months there lol...he was only the WWE Champion for what a month at least i think

Edited by EvilMadness, 25 January 2007 - 09:37 PM.

#7 dttm667

dttm667

The end result is always your money in my tray. 7, 14, 21.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

RVD is very, very unhappy with his situation in the WWE. And once he had high hopes for the "New" ECW, which he now feels is all but dead. He has expressed his feelings about this publically....And has stated that he does not plan to re-sign with the WWE later this year....Many insiders believe that RVD is planning to jump to TNA. And I dont blame him, he was held back for 5 years....Only to get a push, and then won the title in the WORST POSSIBLE WAY, killing hes in-ring credibility....That is not how you put-over an Uber-Babyface. It was well known for a long time that Rob Van Dam smokes pot, and most chose to turn their heads the other way for the most part....Including Vince. Once he was busted, it made the WWE look bad, with their champion getting busted with it....Since then Vince has made a point to not give RVD the strap any time soon, if AT ALL. He has put a glass ceiling over RVD, so why the hell should RVD stay?

By the way for all you people who want to rag on POT, Vince is an ex steroid user, his company's biggest success in the 70's and 80's was built on steroid users. Anabolic steroids being shot into your body is far worse than smoking a cannabanoid. (Pot) And just so you know, Randy Orton was suspended for 30 days last year for getting caught smoking a joint...And now he is being considered for the WrestleMania Main Event...Again....Why? Cause it was never made public, and he wasnt the WWE champion at the time....He didnt make the company look bad, therefore he gets to get a push.....While Rob Van Dam is denied it.

Tell me why the hell RVD should stay? All they have done was hold him back, give him the worst push they could.....Pissed on the very thing he loved more than his carreer itself (ECW), and have now pretty much told him, he will never get another opritunity to wear the strap. **** WWE, I cant wait to see him pop up in TNA....This isnt just a possibility, it's a probability....And it's just a matter of time before RVD becomes Mr. Thrusday Night!

#8 ~Desperado~

~Desperado~

Never cross a Bandit

• Code-X Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

With Rvd in Tna boosting up there Ratings wwe would probley Regret even holding him back. Rvd has to live wild while hes still young, He goes to tna best chioce he ever made. RVD For TNA

#9 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:53 PM

he should go to TNA he's been Fighting Lashley 3 or 4 times in a row and test interfeard over all of them, WWE just dose this cause lashleys a powerhouse, and big and you know. but yea he should go, its pretty much taunting him with 4 title matches in a row and losing all of them due to interfearence. bull crap.
By the way DTTM i like your sig the Bam Bam Bigolow with the "RVD WWE wont Give you A Push go to...TNA"
thats great and i agree RVD should go and he should have been In TNA along time ago.

#10 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

that's were i came up with the topic from...i agreed with it so i posted this topic :)...anyhow i believe RVD will walk he will be NWA champion at least 5 months after he gets in TNA i bet....

#11 J.O.B. (Joey)

J.O.B. (Joey)

There's More 2 Life Than Chasin Girls, That's Raising 2

• Code-X Member
  • 4,870 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

As I said in some other topic here.. RVD has always been held back by Vince even before the bust!! He FINALLY got a break an he messed it up, but how long did it take him to even get that spot!! TNA is the better choice for him!! Ive heard Holly in the #1 contender spot... Ive heard Test in the spot, Ive even heard Alpha Male in the spot an he just arrived!! So..> Wheres that leave RVD???

#12 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

RVD has never impressed me that much to be honest. His style never appealed to me and the best matches I've seen of him have either been carried by other people, or hardcore matches - but even they're spot-fests. He's like Jeff Hardy used to be (before he came back and became really good as he has now). He was a fan favourite because he tried to kill himself with huge spots every match, a lot of them botched. I really don't care if he goes to TNA or not, but I feel its best for his style if he did go to the X-Division, and it also makes TNA bigger, which is what I want because that will make WWE better, and then TNA better and then WWE better and so on until we have lots and lots of good wrestling every week.

#13 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:35 PM

View PostStu, on Jan 26 2007, 05:42 PM, said:

I really don't care if he goes to TNA or not, but I feel its best for his style if he did go to the X-Division, and it also makes TNA bigger, which is what I want because that will make WWE better, and then TNA better and then WWE better and so on until we have lots and lots of good wrestling every week.

you sound like you want TNA to be another WCW... do you think TNA will ever be that good to go again WWE...i think RVD would help that come to pass i was young when WCW was around i didn't really watch wreslting during the 90's like other people did...this would give me a chance to see WWE go agains another Big Company like in the 90's lol...plus RVD would have a better chance at a major titles like the NWA title lol...yeah he had a chance in WWE but he missed up thats the pasted...if WWE holds him to that this long i would like about TNA to...i would get him one last chance at a Major WWE title and if he missed up again than i would let him go

#14 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

why should vince put any effort into rvd when rvd puts no effort into the wwe...

like i said what has rvd done in the ring that hasnt been done before he went to wwe...

like stu said he's a spot monkey...I like rvd and all but he doesn't deserve a major title run...obviously vince doesnt see enough potential in him to give him another chance...

why should vince make him champion when he's threatning to leave the company once his contract runs out??

when was the last time taker was champ?? is he saying he's leaving to tna??

how about flair?? the last world title he had was back when wwe was wwF...he's not leaving to tna...

RVD needs to step up his game and stop being selfish...his time has come and gone imo and he needs to help make future stars for this business...

why is it that some of these folks up in wwe feel they need the world title to prove how great they are...

rvd will go to tna get his title shot and then tna will pick someone else up and move rvd back to the mid-card...

rhino, team 3d, james gang, killings all were main eventers or close to it when they joined tna but a couple years later where are they?? mid-card

james gang tried making a name for themselves by bashin vince and d-x but that didnt work so now there feuding w/ another wwe reject christy hemme

team 3d has lost any credibility by putting on piss poor performances and ray obviously doesnt care about staying in shape as apparent by his HUGE gut...

killings was a tna champ but now he's just a tna jobber

rhino never even got the world title and he's another mid-carder

angle will get the belt and eventually injure himself taking himself out of the sport(he's allready lost his mind anyways)

christian will be a mid-carder by june or july

the same fate will bestow rvd...mybe if he gets his act together and shows he can step up his game and remain true to wwe and vince he'll get his spotlight back...

#15 ~Desperado~

~Desperado~

Never cross a Bandit

• Code-X Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:33 PM

lol, sounds like almost everybody hates Tna. I dont see why Rvd Should put in Effort, what can he Put into Effort? Isnt the matchs alreadly planned? All the moves etc..? I dont see nothing he can put into effort except a smile. :) Cage, Killings, 3D, Rhino. Yeah thet were Main eventers, but they got to make room for the new Comers like Rvd(If he Choose's to go) Thats like when Flair was in the main events, now hes a Mid Carder. The Main eventers have to let the new comers(Like Cena and Umage) Fight in the main event so wwe/tna can make money. If Rvd Goes to tna, hes gonna bring some money, and some ratings. And Maybe Rule the X-Divison with his High Flying Moves.

#16 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

View PostBandit The Show Stealer, on Jan 27 2007, 06:33 PM, said:

Isnt the matchs alreadly planned? All the moves etc..? I dont see nothing he can put into effort except a smile. :)
Sort of true. They plan certain spots but generally the best matches do it all on instinct until they get to the spots which they have to build up nicely. Everything that's pre-planned and what have you look poor because they don't have any emotion and chemistry in it. If they do it so that they make it up as they go along and each person knows when to do certain things, then its good. They'll probably say stuff like "right, I'll work on your arm, and you counter and work on my neck". That's how I'd do it, and I get the feeling that the guys like Benoit won't plan the entire match but rather keep things fresh.

#17 Hart

Hart

The only mod with a Hart

• Code-X Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

I hope not, R.V.D is a great superstar and I plain don't like TNA.

#18 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

Even J.R. said "Rob Van Dam is the best wrestler to never win the big one" -2003

RVD gave evrything he had to his fans in ECW, and did everything he could in WWE, just for them to finally put him over 5 years later in the worst way possible to some guy who cant even distinguish a hammerlock from an armbar. Cena is at the top of the WWE after 3 years, and RVD gets shit on after 5....**** the WWE, why should he have to prove himself to someone who never gave a **** to begin with.

#19 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

View Postdttm667, on Jan 29 2007, 10:08 PM, said:

Even J.R. said "Rob Van Dam is the best wrestler to never win the big one" -2003
I could think of many many many wrestlers better than Rob Van Dam who haven't won the big one. And as for Cena - he has worked his ass off lately to do well with his limited skills. His work ethic and determination to do well under all his circumstances and still pull off a lame "Overcome the odds" gimmick is impressive to me. And he's amazing for business.

#20 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

Thats a crock stu, and even you know it....RVD has changed the buisness with his innovations.....It may have been years ago, but still What has cena changed? Where is Cena innovational? What makes Cena special? What makes him any differant from the other no talent hacks with good charisma that the WWE puts at the top. WWE cares more about their ability to get over on a mic, than they do in the ring....Watching Cena wrestle is shit, it has been the same match for the last 2 years.....Overcomming the odds.....Here I have something for Cena to overcome, his shit ass gimmick, and his inability to tell the differance between an armbar and a hammerlock.

Really stu, I expected more from someone like you.....To at least be able to see through the farce that is the WWE champion.

#21 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

View Postdttm667, on Jan 27 2007, 01:18 PM, said:

Thats a crock stu, and even you know it....RVD has changed the buisness with his innovations.....It may have been years ago, but still What has cena changed? Where is Cena innovational? What makes Cena special? What makes him any differant from the other no talent hacks with good charisma that the WWE puts at the top. WWE cares more about their ability to get over on a mic, than they do in the ring....Watching Cena wrestle is shit, it has been the same match for the last 2 years.....Overcomming the odds.....Here I have something for Cena to overcome, his shit ass gimmick, and his inability to tell the differance between an armbar and a hammerlock.

Really stu, I expected more from someone like you.....To at least be able to see through the farce that is the WWE champion.

because every rvd match is different with tons of innovative moves...whens the last time rvd even put on a good match that didnt involve spots..NEVER...rvd is a glorified spot monkey w/ some degree of talent...he does not deserve to be @ the top when guys like orton, edge, kennedy etc. are working there asses off to be where they are today..wwe is ENTERTAINMENT..want wrestling, go watch roh...

want a credible champion watch roh...none of the champs in the wwe are credible anymore...not even helms cuz he's not being pushed as someone to reckon with, why, because the cw division has been dead for years..

cena=ratings and $$ and thats what the wwe wants in a world champ..see batista, hogan, warrior, austin, rock, andre, slaughter, yokozuna, big show, sid, goldberg see a trend here?? either be great on the mic and have sub-par in ring skills or be a monster and you'll get the belt eventually...

cena has done a damn good job @ being champ...he's credible..granted im sick and tired of him being champ but he's obviously doing something right or else he wouldnt get pushed..

obviously rvd isnt doing anything right which is why he's being buried..

rvd has had other titles in the wwe but the only effin reason he even got both belts is because ecw came back and they needed rvd as "THE MAN" but rvd ****ed up and keeps ****in up by refusing to do his job...he refuses to go to the iraq trips and im sure he's cocky and thinks since he's not being pushed why bother to show that he can be there top guy...

when was tripz the champ last?

taker...benoit etc etc..

but it seems like all these guys are still in the main event scene and why?? because of there work ethic...they give 110% every time there in the ring..how often does rvd botch half of his match? pretty often..

im w/ stu on this one and im w/ my previous prediction that once tna puts the belt on rvd and someone else bigger than rvd comes along rvd will be pushed aside for someone better...just like what's gonna happen to christian when angle wins the belt from him...

#22 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:52 AM

I'm a huge fan of RVD's style and was always intrigued by his matches in ECW (according to clips that aired on a Saturday ECW recap show). I quickly became a fan of a brand I always considered to be bootleg compared to WWE.

Anyway, I love RVD, but Icon makes a lot of sense to me.

The way I see it... Fate sucks for RVD in WWE. Why? Well because RVD was #1 in ECW. Once he was brought to WWF, he no longer was #1. Now you have to consider that RVD works along many #1's. The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Undertaker, + WCW talent from the Alliance Era in 2001. Fate caused RVD to be held back.

What could RVD do about it? All he could really do is give it his all. One day he would be given his time to shine even if it takes a long time. IMO, RVD is great enough to not even need a title. Is it the title he wants or just the main event spotlight?

Back then RVD was all about hardcore fighting guys in his own league like Tajiri, Rhyno, Justin Credible, Tommy Dreamer, & more. His league involved weapons and being hardcore. The fans quickly ate it up because WWF and WCW did not revolve around hardcore. They were two giants who had occasional hardcore bouts, but ECW was hardcore all the time. People love hardcore so that would explain the rise of ECW. On top of hardcore, being hardcore meant you have less restrictions, therefore your wrestling ability was a lot more flexible than in WCW or WWF. ECW gave you the chance to do all the fancy moves you could do. Fancy wrestling + hardcore style = EC F'N W! Don't get me wrong though because no where am I saying that there was no skill and talent involved. These wrestlers need to have skill to do what they did. Skill and hopes of not getting injured.

Ok, so now we established RVD's success and style. What happens when he is put in a ring with other greats? You have Undertaker, HHH, The Rock, Austin, Jericho, Benoit, Booker T, & Many more! RVD doesn't stand out anymore. RVD was much like Rey Mysterio. Rey EARNED the right to be a World Champion but because other top dogs were around, he was always pushed away from being champ. It wasn't until Eddie's death that WWE felt "it's now or never" to give Rey a title run. Same applies with RVD. When ECW started back up, WWE was generous as hell to push RVD as the #1 guy for the return of ECW. Once again it was a "now or never" time. The resurrection of ECW was the best time to give him a title run. WWE was behind RVD more than we think. They made him win a Money In The Bank match at WM22 which means something.

I've always been behind RVD becoming the next champ. For many years I have wondered why hasn't he become champ yet? When I think real hard about what RVD has done in WWE ... I can't help but agree with keeping him as a mid-carder and winning the IC title. I've always expected RVD to be champ based on his past credibility and I was wrong all along. He should earn the title and not have it handed just because he was great on another brand.

Also, RVD is probably capable of some blockbuster matches but because he is in WWE, he can't show off as much. We must remember that WWE is a safer wrestling environment. They ban moves to minimize the injury rate whereas TNA is the small dog trying to get on the map. That means TNA won't put limits because limits won't help them grow. If TNA became a WCW, then they may think about adding limits if they want to make sure they have their top talent ready to compete with WWE.

Overall, as it is, RVD would fit better in the X-Division of TNA so he can be great again. I don't care for him to be champ, I just want him to be great.

#23 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:40 AM

what i don't get out of this thread is people talk about RVD past like he has done anything...i don't think you can say RVD hasn't done alot in WWE i mean most poeple in WWE haven't done as much as he has i mean come on RVD is a former IC champion Teg-Team Champion ECW and WWE champion...he should get another shot at the ECW title at least if not the WWE title...and maybe some of the RVD hater should get their ****in heads out of their ****in asses they would see that to :P

#24 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:58 AM

RVD isn't championship material. He proved it before SummerSlam when he cocked up his one chance at proving himself when he got himself busted for drugs. Is that championship behaviour? Hell no. Yes, many champions like Eddie Guerrero and Booker T have taken drugs in the past and they paid the price for it and it took them several years to repent them. RVD spends many years making it to the top and when he finally gets there, he just screwed up. And whatever ECW credibility they had left for that brand - when it looked good in the first few weeks before then - just screwed up that brand even more so.

Title reigns mean squat. Mr. Perfect is a prime example. Was he ever WWE champion? Was he hell. Was Roddy Piper? No. What about Dean Malenko? Does that make them bad wrestlers? If anyone came to me and said those three were bad wrestlers I'd slap them, I really would. So, RVD being former IC Champion and WWE Champion means nothing to me on whether they are good wrestlers or not.

Cena is a credible champion. He's been booked magnificently for years to allow him to be the greatest money bringer despite him being a limited wrestler. I really don't see how its the same stuff for years. Two nights ago at the Royal Rumble was a primed example. Cena stepped up, as did Umaga (no spoilers here for people who didn't see it). That was a GREAT match. And when was the last time Cena got busted for drugs as champion?

RVD ****ed up his own chance at the main title - not WWE.

#25 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:14 PM

RVD Keeps ******* up? Why cause he refused to go to iraq.....It is OPTIONAL, nobody else is punished for not going....Vince is being an ******* about this, and you know it. He has a roster full of pill-poppers, and pot-heads! That's a poor excuse to hold RVD down.

RVD isnt championsip material...But Lashley and Test are? This is a crock of shit, and you know it.

Many years? Randy Orton was bsuted smoking a joint in the back last year.....And now look, he is more than likely going to main event Mania....The only reason Vince is using RVD's pot use as the excuse is becuase it went public.

Look at the facts!

FOR ****S SAKE! Vince rocks the ******* ROIDS! And all of a sudden it was POT that ruined RVD's chance....Whatever, he will be better in TNA.......And **** the WWE, Vince is flushing his own company down the shitter right now....I can barely keep myself on one channel long enough to watch any WWE product now. It's all gone down the shitter.