#26 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Aug 28 2008, 08:28 PM, said:

Tornado, your posts were deleted because they were pointless. Now for DLTJB

When did I say I hate him because he doesn't do flips? And since when is being a good wrestler about mat wrestling? You guys find him entertaining, I can't see why at all. His matches aren't entertaining, being always the same things, and sloppy. He can't generate any excitement, other than his dancing. Which I also don't see to be entertaining in the least.

I haven't seen a full Hardy match for a while now, but every wrestler today has a basic fairly small moveset they use over and over, bar none. There are some new guys, Evan Bourne being a good example, who're using some more unique moves, but if he ever made it to the top of the card I guarentee you he'd be pretty much limited to using the moves that make the crowd pop the most. Its the way wrestling is these days.

#27 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

It's not as bad that WWE hypes him to be like this. It's that people are believing it. Constantly saying Jeff Hardy is one of the most extreme ever, yadda yadda. Being an indy fan like myself, that does get to me, since I know how false it is. Even being just sheltered to the WWE I see that it is false. The standing phoenix splash I still find amazing actually. Just look at it, it's an amazing display of athletic ability. And the thing with Evans, is that he has so many moves in his arsenal that he can pull out to amaze the fans. By no means is he a great wrestler though. Although he is improving. But what I'm saying is, he has a wide array of these athletic or high flying moves that he can pull out. Not like Jeff Hardy, who is a one trick pony per say.

It's not that I don't like him that makes him not talented. It's him being not talented that makes me not like him. Sure, he can sell and make combacks. But his selling is always the same thing. He always just does the "dead sell" or at least quite often. Dead sell, being that he just lays on the ground as if he was dead. That and some yelling occasionally, but mainly the dead sell. He does his come backs, but this same sequence of events happens every single match. He'll hit some of his stuff, dead sell, come back, Swanton, match over. People constantly hate on Cena for doing the same things, yet Hardy is the same, but worse actually. At least Cena has his mic skills and can work the crowd in his favor, Jeff Hardy does not possess these skills.

EDIT: If they were a truly good wrestler, they wouldn't have to be stuck to the set of five moves. They would have a full move set to choose from. Since you used Sydal, I can say he has a huge set of moves to choose from. Being from the indies, mainly ROH or Japan, everyone has like five finishers. And tons of secondary moves. Not to mention the basics and what not. So, Sydal, or any good wrestler should be able to have a full move set at the top.

#28 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

why do you hate jeff hardy? hes a good high flyer. edge is the one who you should hate

#29 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

View PostPresident, on Aug 28 2008, 07:37 PM, said:

why do you hate jeff hardy? hes a good high flyer.

I take it you haven't been paying attention to the topic.

#30 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

Ofcaurse Edge is the one you should hate due to his character/gimmick. I think Edge is entertaining really and i do dislike him cuase he has screwd so many poeple over with his cunning ways. Also my dislike for him is towards his character. In real life i have never met him but in the ring he is talented and when i seen him in interveiws and what not he seemed like a cool guy. Also i thought it was funny in one interveiw where people were able too call in and he totally owned this one caller.

As for Jeff Hardy i think he is one hec of a talent too and he seems cool outside the ring aswell but again for me it boils down to same old stuff. Now since he was moved to SD i think it was things might be a little better in his matches.

Now while phoenix does has his reasons for not liking Jeff Hardy its his choice and i'm sure his reasons go far beyond flips and moves etc.There are gonna be people who dislike/Hate this wrestler or that for reasons that are questionable and/or reasons that accually make sence.

This topic will be veiwed i am sure based on what the users percpective about phoenix's dislike for Jeff Hardy. Also it depends on if you are aware of his reasons and are not just replying based on the facts stated here. Also depends on if you replay after have missread what he has stated so far or miss interperated what he has stated.

#31 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

You still can't be going around saying how much you hate somebody just because of there lack of variety in moveset. Even if you don't like his signature manuevers, if there done wrong it could really injury him extremely bad. Yet he continues to do them night after night after night. You shouldn't just go around hating WWE superstars. Your just watching them for one night, but they have to travel and go to a different town almost each day and put on a un-televised show almost each day.
And when is doing acrobatics suddenly makes you a great wrestler? Last time I checked to be a great wrestler you need to learn how to....wrestle. Kurt Angle is probably one of the only and few REAL wrestlers. All the others are just entertainers.

#32 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

I agree that Kurt angle is one of the few real wrestlers left in this bussiness. However to state that he doesn't like someone based on his moves i don't agree with. Reason being as he stated that he has other reasons witch i am sure he would probably share a few more if he see's fit to do so.

Now there is a chance i could be totally wrong and he just plain out doesn't like him for those reasons but i highly doubt that i am wrong since i am sure he wouldn't state he has more reasons for not liking Jeff Hardy.

Hating someone based on thier moves is like hating someone based on their ability you see in the ring. An example of this would be Stone Cold Steve Austin. I am sure there are people who dislike him for the reason of his brawler style he uses in the ring, but this is due to his gimmick. In fact he was a good technical wrestler and his gimmick may have over shadowed his real in ring ability. Also people have said Austin has limited ring skills. I am sure those people haven't seen his earlier years.

Off Topic
I would touch further on this but i have to catch a bus now.

#33 Derrik Stone

Derrik Stone

You've just been Stoned!!

• Code-X Member
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

i don't hate jeff, but i'm certainly getting bored with him. just because you're a settled and established wrestler, that doesn't mean you get to relax and live off what you used to be. for me, if i've seen one jeff hardy match, i've seen them all. it's just different people beating him down, then getting the swanton. it just seems like his heart isn't in the business anymore.

i agree with phoenix on one other point, i don't like him being billed as the most extreme in wwe. morrison and shelton do way more extreme stuff than jeff. look at the money in the bank match last wrestlemania. but i honestly don't think there's anything wrong with phoenix saying he doesn't like him based on his moves (or lack there of anymore). that's phoenix's own opinion of the guy, and that's what wrestling is all about. letting the fans make their own opinions of the athletes.

and to takerba, yea, austin has great technical skills. he was great in wcw, the only reason i don't like him is i got tired of his gimmik. kinda like hearing the same song over and over and over....ya tend to start hating it. it's the same with cena.

#34 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

Yeah, but you think about it, They've never bomb people from rafters or ladders. I dont care what people say. When he Bombed Orton from that speaker stand you arent getting out of there ounder your own power. For the space that he had to land into there was virtually nothing there to impact his fall. Yeah ok, saftey mat, but at that space? Not a whole lot to disperse all the kinetic energy from a 30 foot drop.

All the times he bombed the Dudley's etc. That has got to be catching up on him now. From air to table / body / ground isnt always a smooth ride. Evans does the 630 and whatever else. I havent seen him do it from top rope (Yet :thumbsup:) but he stays on the ground to execute it. He gets to what? 1 metre of the ground at most and flipping and then landing on enemy. It looks cool, and its not in real life going to hurt anyone. (Unless your a fly and you lie onto of foe and shout at ref to count)

DAMN Pepsi works me up ^__^

#35 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:29 AM

Dday. Again, I didn't say that is the only reason I hate him. And It's not like I hate him personally or anything or I want to hurt him. It's that I think he is one of the worst wrestlers out there. And I specifically said that doing acrobatics doesn't make you a good wrestler. So what if he does moves every night that he could get hurt doing. Everything you do in wrestling you could get hurt doing.

Ba, I'm waiting for people to bring up new points. Then I'll challenge them.

Tornado, Dude, he jumped into a ballpit pretty much. Had a huge space to land. And again, it was like a ball pit. That isn't "extreme" at all. I mean Nick Mondo went 25 feet onto concrete. As for the 630 and Evans, he has never once done that off of the ground. Every time he does it is off the top rope. He's done it off of cages too. It seems like you are trying to say it doesn't take a toll on your body or what not. But Evans has had several close encounters with even death in his matches. Although he is getting better and not doing that. As for it not hurting, that is crap. How about you lay on the ground and let someone who weighs 170 pounds fall on your ribs back first from three or four feet.

#36 SoulStorm64

SoulStorm64

A.K.A PΣℜøxwђy?ĢΣИ

• Code-X Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

i like jeff hardy outside of the ring but when hes in the ring meh his whole thing kinda gone away from what he quote unqoute "usta do"

#37 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

170s is like a quilt i take it?
From 3 or 4 feet? NAH

Dude the "Ballpit" was tiny. Since its clear you didnt read the first time, there is no way something that small wouldve dipersed the energy he gained from the 30 leap. Plus if you land right on concrete you dont get hurt, I have done it myself many of times

But meh.... Im getting bored, Going to go play El NASCAR

#38 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Not by pounds it isn't.

Tiny? It was like 20x20 feet. And it looked pretty deep. Not to tiny to me. When was the last time you got thrown 30 feet onto solid concrete. I don't care who you land, you are getting hurt.

#39 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Landing on concrete isn't extreme, it is stupid. I promise you even if you know you won't get hurt jumping off something high isn't easy. I'd rather not see a guy end his career with an injury trying to impress people by landing on concrete.

#40 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

Well, he was supposed to hit tables.

Ironically it did end his career. After the deathmatch he wrestled 45 minutes after that is.

#41 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

I heard that he had a mattress to land on when he apperently "Bombed" Orton.

I remember Shane McMahon did some crazy stuff. Unlike like Jeff who did it all the time Shane would be use only on ocasion and when he did something it was really nice to see. An example of this is the Shane McMahon vs Kurt Angle when Angle suplxed him thru the KOTR glass and Angle Slam from the top rope.

I am thinking that maybe they are trying to get Hardy to save the big bumps for big events and/or when they feel it is vital for it to happen atleast. If this is the case he could even use the Swanton for those types of things and use the Twist of Fate or better yet get a new finisher that has a good impact for in the ring.

#42 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

Saftey glass
Smashes into thousands of tiny pieces so that it can just about fit in your ear. How does one know. Brick through a bus window ;)

Anyways

HARDY OWNS
Why must we fight over someone who is at least TRYING to wrestle Phnx. Let us unite and destroy Cena, Khali and Bigtitsasta

Edited by Tornado, 29 August 2008 - 03:45 PM.

#43 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

Actually, Shane wouldn't do it often because he didn't have matches often. At least when he started getting really crazy. But he did do it in like every match he was in. Of course, he was jumping onto those air bags that they use in the movies. Jeff has never really done a crazy spot by todays wrestling standards. Ladder jumps, ball pits, big deal. I still don't see why people find him as insane high flyish and what not.

EDIT: It didn't break though actually. So, something must have went wrong there. Unlike CZWs glass, which doesn't appear to be the breakaway saftey type.

He obviously isn't trying to hard. Cena at least can live off of his charisma and mic skills. Hence why he has been able to stay at the top. And he could work as a heel, something which Hardy couldn't do.

#44 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

As you know, I only picked up recently
But IIRC, Hardy hasnt really ever been heel. I know that Matt was for V1 (According to HCTP :P)

I would like to see him go heel, although I think hes ok where he is I know he wont have the impact that Y2J ha when he turned

Say what you want, but he's still a highflyer in my books :)

#45 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

By no means could Jeff Hardy EVER Survive as a good heel. EVER. Heels need mic skills. Jeff doesn't have this. Heels need a heel attitude. Which would get rid of everything you guys seem to call charisma. As in no more clapping or dancing. And he would need heel tactics, which means less of his "highflying" moves. Which leaves him with the Twist of Fate and assorted strikes and kicks. And his get beaten up and come back thing wouldn't work for a heel either.

#46 KrossFire

KrossFire

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:23 AM

damn there's some mega-long epic post here, i used to like hardy but WWE and his fans made me dislike him.

all i ever see is a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds, constantly wanting to be jeff hardy and what gets me is how everyone thinks he's some sort of highflying god because he can front-flip of a turnbuckle, he's jus OK now, but when he first debut, i liked him.......

#47 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

Acually i have just read the Heyman Hustle and Heyman brings up good points. He says that Cena is Vinces"Dream Pro Wrestler"

While some may argue with that fact it still was an interesting read. Some will or will not dislike or hate him but this article seems to make sense.

A partial quote from the article

John Cena is single. No wife, no kids. He doesn't mind being away from home for weeks, indeed months on end.

He doesn't mind getting up at 5am to do media call-ins.

He doesn't mind flying to several cities on his rare days off to promote the upcoming shows.

He doesn't mind flying to the set of a WWE Films-produced movie, doing his job there, and then flying directly to make every booking, in every city, at every event WWE Raw promotes.

Cena is a workhorse. He's a tireless promotional machine. And the project, event, DVD, pay per view, film, CD, and merchandise he promotes are all branded "WWE".

http://www.thesun.co...icle1625079.ece

#48 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:44 AM

I read that, but how's it relate to Hardy, lat.

#49 Freehuey

Freehuey

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 1,972 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

I was going to read everything you said but....

He can't generate any excitement

He can't generate it himself is what I mean. Like he has no charisma to do it.

....pretty much proves that you have no real idea what your talking about.

This is the guy that makes the crowd stand up and go wild every single time he starts to climb something. Not ONE wrestler in WWE can do that aside from him.

And maybe he isn't the best wrestler in the world, but you know what? Not everyone in WWE has to be! Jeff isn't in his spot because he puts on 5 star classic matches, he is in his spot because he knows how to sell and how to make the crowd go ape shit. And even though he doesn't have the match skills that you are so damn whiny about he is still making himself and Vince McMahon lots and lots of money, and lets face it, that is what life is really about so if his style is what is bringing him that paper then why hate on him? Why obsess yourself over a wrestler that has never done anything but bust his ass to entertain the crowd?

I do find it funny though that someone you hate so much you spend so much time talking about. If you really hate him that much why not just choose not to spend your time on him?

And another question, what makes a good wrestler?

#50 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

Not one wrester, really? No. Fans will go nuts whenever anyone climbs something high up. But not many other wrestlers in the WWE are booked to climb high structures, so they don't have the chance to get a pop for climbing it. Hardy is nothing special, because anyone will get noise for climbing.

Really, he doesn't know how to make the crowd do anything. He only gets his applause because of the "spots" he used to do. He can't do anything to get crowd reactions that requires any skill at all. Big deal he can clap and the crowd screams. That doesn't give him any skill in wrestling. I mean, Necro Butcher could probably get the same thing if he was exposed as much as Jeff Hardy was. And bust his ass? Crap. If he was so determined and devoted to his job, he wouldn't have been fired, suspended, and missed so many shows now would he? And in his matches he doesn't seem to be working any harder than anybody else on the roster.

Please, we all talk about wrestlers we hate and why we hate them. It's Smark nature man.

What makes a good wrestler, for one, ring skills. Don't be sloppy, and have a wide variety of moves. Actually change it up based on situation and who you are facing. Being a good wrestler over all, mic skills are needed. Charisma is needed. Have to be able to sell based on situation. And more factors come into play.

Welcome back Huey.