• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 The Nanoo

The Nanoo

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

Lets all enjoy what could be the last hours in a long long time Cena isnt champ :(

#2 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:32 PM

Spoiler

#3 The Oddjob

The Oddjob

Code x's local oddball

• Code-X Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:07 AM

thank god

#4 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:10 AM

^^ Cena looked like an old man anyway :lol: and my words exactly

#5 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:47 AM

Now enjoy the few weeks that the belt is not in Cena's hands.

Edited by DaRK s0c0Ms, 18 February 2008 - 07:47 AM.

#6 The Oddjob

The Oddjob

Code x's local oddball

• Code-X Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:48 AM

he might no win at mania! well i can hope and pray cant i

#7 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:56 AM

he isint, hes outa the title picture now :D its
Spoiler
to take on randy at mania

#8 Stu

Stu

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:57 AM

Woah, what's with all the Cena hate around here? He goes out and puts on a solid match with Randy Orton, showed great emotion and told a brilliant story. It was all fine, advanced the story and you're complaining because he didn't win yet he will at Wrestlemania. Right, well I can totally see the logic in complaining. WWE gives you what you want and Cena doesn't win "oh but he'll win it back".

Fail.

#9 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:58 AM

i can't disagree with you about that, it was defenatly a great show but i dont think that half the people is ready for another decade and a half of cena as champion

Edited by Alan93, 18 February 2008 - 08:02 AM.

#10 The Oddjob

The Oddjob

Code x's local oddball

• Code-X Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:00 AM

Thats what my problem is, its the fact that he seems to win every match that he is in.

who will cena be facing at mania? maybe against kennedy?

#11 Stu

Stu

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:18 AM

View Posti_am_odd, on Feb 18 2008, 02:00 PM, said:

Thats what my problem is, its the fact that he seems to win every match that he is in.

who will cena be facing at mania? maybe against kennedy?
He'll be in the main event. And if you're problem's with the fact that he wins (as a main eventer should do), then you should be hating on the BOOKERS and the writers. Not Cena.

#12 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

Personally, I don't think any of the three (Cena, Orton, or Triple H) should leave Wrestlemania with the belt. I personally would like to see Jeff Hardy win Money in the Bank and cash it in the same night to put himself in the main event and turn it into a Fatal Four Way and win the belt himself. It'd be a nice surprise and something different for a change. Besides, it's what everyone wants. Jeff even beat Triple H in the poll last night on who the fans thought should win the Raw Elimination Chamber match. I really think Jeff is the most over guy in the WWE at the moment.

Edited by TheRob, 18 February 2008 - 10:32 PM.

#13 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

He might be but why torture us fans, who like good promos, with Jeff's boring no-expression talking?

On topic sorta. I think if Cena does win it at WM then he'll lose it soon cause people are actually tired of Cena. Even Cena lovers.

#14 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

View Post-Grizz-, on Feb 19 2008, 12:47 AM, said:

He might be but why torture us fans, who like good promos, with Jeff's boring no-expression talking?

On topic sorta. I think if Cena does win it at WM then he'll lose it soon cause people are actually tired of Cena. Even Cena lovers.
I'm not a huge Jeff Hardy fan, but he is very entertaining to watch and I could careless about his promos. Besides, it beats having the same damn champions over and over again and it would actually go to someone who's probably more over than all three men currently.

#15 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:06 PM

Its not like I hate Jeff its just he is lacking. Its true he is over more than most guys but thats not the only reason to put a belt on somebody. They have to be it all, in my eyes. Maybe I'm just old fashion...

#16 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:04 AM

View PostStuLaverty, on Feb 18 2008, 09:57 AM, said:

Woah, what's with all the Cena hate around here? He goes out and puts on a solid match with Randy Orton, showed great emotion and told a brilliant story. It was all fine, advanced the story and you're complaining because he didn't win yet he will at Wrestlemania. Right, well I can totally see the logic in complaining. WWE gives you what you want and Cena doesn't win "oh but he'll win it back".

Fail.

The match to me was kinda boring i was excited for Cena's return cause when people return they usually add a few moves to their aresenal but he was the same thing. I am starting to believe he really only knows those few moves cause he constantly attempts the same things to. Orton was good and played the heel characther good and sold his knee decently.

On RAW nothing was different either Orton was n control the whole time Cena got no offence and won. And please don't tell me to blame the bookers i am dead tired of hearing them being blamed "WAHH CENA IS A GREAT WRESTLER HE IS JUST LIMITED CAUSE HE IS A FACE!". I don't see Batista having that problem or Rey Mysterio.

#17 Stu

Stu

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:26 AM

View PostDANTHEMAN29, on Feb 19 2008, 06:04 AM, said:

On RAW nothing was different either Orton was n control the whole time Cena got no offence and won. And please don't tell me to blame the bookers i am dead tired of hearing them being blamed "WAHH CENA IS A GREAT WRESTLER HE IS JUST LIMITED CAUSE HE IS A FACE!". I don't see Batista having that problem or Rey Mysterio.
Cena is a great wrestler. He's one of the best in the world, and that's despite him being limited. Is he going to give you a technical masterpiece? No, but what he will give you is the most entertaining title matches since 2002, in my opinion. His matches last year tells everything - look at his PPV matches. The majority of them stole the freaking show, and the best example is Umaga. They had one of the best matches in any federation in that one match.

And who the hell said anything about Cena being limited because he's a face? Did you just think you'd randomly add that to benefit your argument, because it didn't work so well, especially considering Cena IS a great wrestler. Right now, he's better than Mysterio, and has been far better than Mysterio since last year, and he's just ahead of Batista, who is also getting really good now.

Cena's limited, but he does what Batista has started to do - play to his strengths, and it results in great matches, full of emotion and he's the most over guy in wrestling. The match on Raw was below expectations, but everyone has average matches, but I guarantee you Cena will have a great showing at Wrestlemania, and will put his heart and soul into promoting the match prior to it.

But anyone that says at this point that Cena is a bad wrestler is a complete idiot. I'm not even going to beat around the bush, they are a complete and utter idiot. You can hate his gimmick, you can hate how he's booked, but if anyone justifies their hatred for Cena because he's a below-par wrestler needs to get their head out their ass and realise its not 2006 anymore - Cena is a brilliant worker, the best in the industry today, puts on kickass title matches.

#18 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

From what i have seen in WWE Cena is meh at wrestling, but i still don't like him. He just Cena nothing special the reason i don't like him because of his matches are so predictable. For the record i blame the "Bookers" and "Cena"

On the subject of WM:

It would be good if Jeff Hardy won the title on WM. Because i really don't want to see the belt around Trips for 9000000th time and Cena hog the title for a decade or Orton hold the title with those "AMaZ1n9" headlocks. I'd like some different to hold the title.

#19 Stu

Stu

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

View PostDaRK s0c0Ms, on Feb 19 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

On the subject of WM:

It would be good if Jeff Hardy won the title on WM. Because i really don't want to see the belt around Trips for 9000000th time and Cena hog the title for a decade or Orton hold the title with those "AMaZ1n9" headlocks. I'd like some different to hold the title.
Over exaggerations totally make your argument more credible

#20 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

Pointing out someone is an idiot isn't helping yours either. You didn't see me insult you cause i don't like Cena yet you got defensive about mine.

Also i happened to see Most of the PPV matches last year and my personal favorite was Kurt Angle vs. Sting & Batista vs. Undertaker(LMS) most of Cena's feel very forgettable.

#21 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:14 AM

lol quotes

Congrats you like Cena i'm happy for you. <IMO>I don't like Cena never liked the Rap gimmick </IMO> deal with it. To be honest i'm not a big fan of face's. I don't really care if Cena put's on awesome title matches. But his matches are really predictable, not everyone has to like Cena.

#22 Stu

Stu

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

View PostDANTHEMAN29, on Feb 19 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

Pointing out someone is an idiot isn't helping yours either. You didn't see me insult you cause i don't like Cena yet you got defensive about mine.

Also i happened to see Most of the PPV matches last year and my personal favorite was Kurt Angle vs. Sting & Batista vs. Undertaker(LMS) most of Cena's feel very forgettable.
Right, okay, so they were forgettable - so how can you judge if you've forgotten them? Angle vs Sting was good but nothing special outside of proving that TNA ridiculously overbooks things with interferance. Not only was Angle/Sting not the best match of last year, it wasn't even the best on that card! The same applies with the Last Man Standing between Tista and Taker - which was outdone later on by, guess who, John Cena in a fatal four way. And even Taker/Batista was outdone by their match at Cyber Sunday.

Cena's matches: Umaga, Michaels, the Fatal Four Way, two good matches with Khali, Randy Orton - all kickass matches, with the exception of the Khali ones.

#23 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:56 PM

View PostStuLaverty, on Feb 19 2008, 01:19 PM, said:

View PostDANTHEMAN29, on Feb 19 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

Right, okay, so they were forgettable - so how can you judge if you've forgotten them? Angle vs Sting was good but nothing special outside of proving that TNA ridiculously overbooks things with interferance. Not only was Angle/Sting not the best match of last year, it wasn't even the best on that card! The same applies with the Last Man Standing between Tista and Taker - which was outdone later on by, guess who, John Cena in a fatal four way. And even Taker/Batista was outdone by their match at Cyber Sunday.

Cena's matches: Umaga, Michaels, the Fatal Four Way, two good matches with Khali, Randy Orton - all kickass matches, with the exception of the Khali ones.
Well, I think the fact that they're forgettable to him says how he feels about those matches. If they were as outstanding to him as they were to you, he'd have remembered them. Honestly, I'm kind of in the same boat as DANTHEMAN29, his matches aren't all that impressive to me and way too predictable to enjoy. But, at the same time, I don't have a problem with Cena himself, though I'm no fan of his either. I believe that Cena is a decent wrestler, and probably could wrestle better than he currently does if he wanted to. Overall he's a good worker, and deserves a great deal of respect for his dedication and ability to recover like he did. I do think turning Heel though would freshing him up again, and it'd probably win back a majority of the fans. Kind of like how it worked with The Rock, he got stale turned Heel and everyone loved him again.

#24 No_Mercy

No_Mercy

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

Im rootin for Triple H on this one. Cena has had the title long enough and its time for new champs to be crowned for a while (like 2 years)

#25 Stu

Stu

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

Five words to describe the end of Wrestlemania 24:
Jeff Hardy wins the Title.

Just wait.