• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:41 AM

Well I was talking to a few mates about former wrestling games, and what SmackDown vs Raw 2010 needs to be the ultimate video game. As most of you probably know, I am a big fan of GM Mode... but its no secret that the mode didn't live up to everyone's expectations. It was an interesting concept, but very basic and time consuming... Now It hasn't been confirmed whether or not GM Mode will be making a return this year, but I came up with an interesting idea... Chairman Mode.

Vince McMahon retires and leaves the WWE in your hands, and it is your job to gain money and popularity from the community. You can edit rosters, hire and fire when necessary. Organise events such as PPV's and Draft lotteries. You can promote and demote employees and really take control of the locker room. (If anyone has played EWR... a better developed version of that).

I would love something powerful and not as repetitive as GM Mode. As discussed in previous topics, choosing the winner of matches would be a much easier and less time consuming way then having to play every match... Power 25 and WWE.COM are two features from GM Mode that I would like to see in Chairman Mode, obviously WWE.COM should be a little more realistic then it was in previous games.

So give me your ideas. Would it work or not, if so what would you like to see?... etc.

Note: This is just an idea, nothing like this has even been hinted by THQ or YUKES.

Edited by Jericho, 13 July 2009 - 07:43 AM.

#2 ministry of hell

ministry of hell

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:17 AM

lock :rolleyes: if there is gonna be that mode i will love if there is something like that

u can controll all rosters smackdown raw ecw

and u can move aruond the city like home the area get new superstars something like that

#3 Suzumebachi

Suzumebachi

Jinteki Shakusetsu...

• Code-X Member
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

That's a really good idea, Jericho! :lol:
Seriously, I'm loving that Game Mode of yours!

But I'd be even more happy if they included WCW arenas and characters, legends if you prefer.
I started to watch wrestling back when WCW was still on business, so to have some WCW wrestlers it'd be like a nostalgic return to those times. Back when wrestling was wrestling. :3

#4 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

View PostSuzumebachi, on Jul 14 2009, 07:37 AM, said:

That's a really good idea, Jericho! :lol:
Seriously, I'm loving that Game Mode of yours!

But I'd be even more happy if they included WCW arenas and characters, legends if you prefer.
I started to watch wrestling back when WCW was still on business, so to have some WCW wrestlers it'd be like a nostalgic return to those times. Back when wrestling was wrestling. :3

Thanks mate.

Yeah I understand that some people would be after WCW and legend rosters, but I am a man of realism. I don't want my lineup to ever be something like The Miz vs. Hulk Hogan.

If WCW and legend superstars are included in the game, I guess it would just be a choice of either keeping them on for the old school fans like yourself, or turning them off others.

#5 Suzumebachi

Suzumebachi

Jinteki Shakusetsu...

• Code-X Member
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

I hear ya. People would probably ignore a match between The Miz and Hulk Hogan, seeing as it'd be... awkward >_>
I don't really watch as much wrestling as I used to. I mainly watch the PPV's to keep up and that's about it. It's amazing how they keep bringing back a feud between Orton and Triple H that happened in 2004.
I just hope that the game's storyline is interesting. I don't really play much wrestling games, but a few good features might "glue" me more to them.
I really liked that "Chairman Mode" of yours! Let's hope that there's someone from Yukes! reading this topic, cause that feature would "glue" me for a while :3

PS: For further notice, girls don't like being addressed as "mate".

#6 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

View PostSuzumebachi, on Jul 14 2009, 09:48 AM, said:

I hear ya. People would probably ignore a match between The Miz and Hulk Hogan, seeing as it'd be... awkward >_>
I don't really watch as much wrestling as I used to. I mainly watch the PPV's to keep up and that's about it. It's amazing how they keep bringing back a feud between Orton and Triple H that happened in 2004.
I just hope that the game's storyline is interesting. I don't really play much wrestling games, but a few good features might "glue" me more to them.
I really liked that "Chairman Mode" of yours! Let's hope that there's someone from Yukes! reading this topic, cause that feature would "glue" me for a while :3

PS: For further notice, girls don't like being addressed as "mate".

:lol: Sorry I didn't know you're a girl lol.

Yeah, Triple H and Randy Orton's feud has gotten a little boring since it has been done over and over again for the last 5 years. I want a feature to stand out on SmackDown vs RAW 2010, and something like this would satisfy me, and if well created... a lot of gamers.

Edited by Jericho, 13 July 2009 - 10:26 PM.

#7 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:03 AM

Picking winners of matches won't happen. 25% of the WWE fan base probably doesn't know the matches are scripted lol. I really like the idea though. Being able to hire GMs and start new shows (Wednesday Wrestling Wackiness, Tuesday Night Nitro, etc.) would be awesome. Creating new gimmicks for superstars could turn out to be hilarious.

"PS: For further notice, girls don't like being addressed as "mate"."

Haha thats the funniest thing i've seen all day.

Edited by Jon., 14 July 2009 - 12:08 AM.

#8 ministry of hell

ministry of hell

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:25 AM

i have an idea how about tna vs wwe mode tell me what do u think

#9 Suzumebachi

Suzumebachi

Jinteki Shakusetsu...

• Code-X Member
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

/\
That'd be cool!
Too bad it's never gonna happen :\

#10 ministry of hell

ministry of hell

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

that is right

#11 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

View Postabdulrhman, on Jul 15 2009, 03:25 AM, said:

i have an idea how about tna vs wwe mode tell me what do u think

That's obviously never going to happen unless TNA is bought out...

#12 ministry of hell

ministry of hell

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:52 AM

yea but its a great idea right

#13 Poison38

Poison38

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

View Postabdulrhman, on Jul 15 2009, 05:52 AM, said:

yea but its a great idea right

As long as Rhyno, Sting, Dudleys, Kurt Angle, and Booker T are still around by then that's fine by me!