"Superstar of the Year 2012"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

This is the story of how I died...and went to heaven!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

John Cena.....loses to The Rock at WrestleMania in a match he pretty much guaranteed to win, loses to John Laurinaitis at Over the Limit, loses to CM Punk at SummerSlam and Survivor Series, loses multiple WWE Championship matches that were handed to him for doing nothing, became the first person to cash in Money in the Bank and lose, loses the chance to be the other Money in the Bank briefcase holder to Dolph Ziggler at TLC and won zero championships of any kind this year...

In conclusion...

Posted Image

By the way, other nominations were only the man who has held the WWE Championship for all of this year and retained the championship in all his PPV matches, CM Punk. Sheamus who had a long World Heavyweight Championship reign and also, The Big Show who is the current World Heavyweight Champion and won the WWE Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania...

Also, did it seem weird that the voting for the awards was done online on the WWE app during commercial breaks yet they read the winner from a sealed envelope when RAW returned from commercial breaks?

Edited by Jesse Lavigne, 18 December 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#2 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

The Slammy awards sucked this year. Did they really need an award for best kiss really. John Cena winning is very stupid as well. CM Punk has had the title for the whole of 2012 and he should have it. He has beat everyone who has challanged him for it. Cena just needs to go, him winning awards and belts means nothing now. He has done everything he has nothing to overcome. People like Ziggler, Sandow could all benefit from an award and having titles. Even though CM Punk has the WWE championship he is not treated like a champion. Until Cena is gone/released(lol) he will always be number 1.

Feed me more for the chant of the year. By that point you could tell that the Slammy awards are fixed. WWE was giving Ryback the wards because there trying to build him up.

#3 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Antonio Cesaro should of won newcomer of the year. What has Ryback done really? Beat about 100 jobbers in 3 minute squash matches. Least Antonio Cesaro beat legitimate WWE Superstars and won the WWE United States Championship.

#4 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Ryback deserved Newcomer of the Year. He's the only newcomer to actually be in the main events, Cesaro is so far just a mid-carder. I'll bet if you asked any WWE wrestler what they would rather do, hold the US title or main event against CM Punk for the WWE title, they would answer with the latter, because it means more. Being a main-eventer is a much bigger deal than holding the US title, that's just the way it is. Cesaro might be the better wrestler, but we're looking at career progress here, which Ryback has had more of.

Superstar of the Year was obviously really CM Punk, they only put Cena there so Punk could come out and rant. It was unnecessary, but it's a part of the respect angle, that's it.

#5 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

If I recall correctly, Ryback didn't even earn a WWE title shot match. Only reason he received the first one if because Cena injured his elbow. Then after that he just got 'screwed' in which he is promised another title match after title match. I don't really think Cesaro earned it either, he's only been there for a few months and had a feud with about 2 people. Santino and Truth. Plus I can't stand his mic skills. I honestly believe Sandow should've won. If Cody hadn't become injured they would most likely be tag champions about now.

And to reinforence everyone here, Punk should've obvioulsy won. I also noticed how nobody really even denied that fact.

#6 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I think it was going to be a CM Punk vs. John Cena feud until John Cena got injured then they randomly shown Ryback confronting CM Punk and it went from there. Vince McMahon did the whole "you has to choice" thing but John Cena was injured so he "gave up" the title match. Then Vince McMahon just bullied Vickie Guerrero into making a Triple Threat Match at Survivor Series. Antonio Cesaro or Damien Sandow should of won. Both have done far more without being handed random championship matches by Vince McMahon.

This makes you Superstar of the Year 2012 over holding the WWE Championship all year round.

Posted Image