Would the COD franchise be better of "paid online play"?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

So, you shell out the $60 / £40 for a new copy of Call Of Duty :___________

And now You've been told "HALT, Thou needs to pay MORE MONEY TO PLAY ONLINE."

Do you agree to this or not?

For a brief second, I think that this could harm the franchise.... but in a GOOD way. Those cheap B******S that like to camp with silencers and shit wouldn't want to "pay money so I can host my 360 degrees west clan AHAHAHA /posh rich B******* with no life"

Do you think this also is it just me getting my hopes up. I mean, I would not expect the next game to have good servers because the money wouldn't go there straight away, but the next two down the line (Sorry, but COD titles by IW are better.) Would probably be rocking!

#2 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Theres a article that supports this possible change in the future. Click Me!

Ill add my 2 cents tomorrow.

#3 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

I personally would hate this. Seriously, we already pay $60 a year for Xbox Live and $60 dollars for the game. I don't want to spend even MORE money to play. That is complete bullshit. I would much rather deal with the annoying people than pay even more to play online.

#4 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

View PostDaZe, on 05 January 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

I personally would hate this. Seriously, we already pay $60 a year for Xbox Live and $60 dollars for the game. I don't want to spend even MORE money to play. That is complete bullshit. I would much rather deal with the annoying people than pay even more to play online.
This.

Charge the PS3 people, leave the Xbox alone, we pay enough as it is.

#5 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

I don't think it would be better. The amount of issues COD has online, then we are told to pay for it. If that was the case I'd go and play BF2. COD is alright, but I don't like it that much I'd start paying to play it.

#6 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

@ JB, I dont think Activison can make a call for charging PS3 seperatly from Xbox.

I still think it would really put the cat amoung the pigeons. It would defiantly be a deterant for hackers, and you never know, the money pumped in may come back in a MLG league of some sort from Acti' or IW / Trey'

#7 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

Well yea, probably not, but just saying, us Xbocksers would feel like we're paying twice for something that we're supposed to have for buying Gold. If they must charge somebody though they should just make it be the people that buy the game used or something. Still not a fan of that, but it sounds more fair.

#8 Zcrux

Zcrux

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostTommy, on 05 January 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

@ JB, I dont think Activison can make a call for charging PS3 seperatly from Xbox.

I still think it would really put the cat amoung the pigeons. It would defiantly be a deterant for hackers, and you never know, the money pumped in may come back in a MLG league of some sort from Acti' or IW / Trey'
It may get rid of sone people, but it would just take the fun out if everything. The only people who would play are the ones who take the game extremely seriously and don't let anybody have fun. If Activision does this then they're screwed.

#9 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:52 AM

I dont really think that this would work out they bring out yearly games made by different developers, Subscription model games often last a couple of years, Look at world of warcraft that game uses that model and its been around for years and gets updates/expansions.

But what I could see them doing is adding a store option, Where you can pay to unlock everything right away and even choose which prestige you want to be. (Example: If you decided to pay for 10th Prestige after you buy the game you would get the rank + Custom class slots, But your stats would would remain the same) It would eliminate the need for hackers, This could work for Titles/Emblems also to prevent boosting lobbys, And they could have some other things added also, Maybe different character models and Exclusive guns + Camos.

#10 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

Not for 360.. Never.