Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

View PostSergio, on Feb 5 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Feb 5 2008, 12:22 PM, said:

View PostSergio, on Feb 5 2008, 09:02 AM, said:

What was the lid problem?

Also, I've left my PS2 on for many hours at a time before and it has never overheated. I'd say the fans and ventilation are fine.
The slim Playstation 2 has fans? It must be really small ones then. Are you sure? Oh and about the lid.. A few people had lid (the lid where you open up the PS2 to place a disc in) problems with the slim Playstation 2. Some games were not playing correctly or wouldn't show up at all, unless you press the lid.
I'm guessing they didn't fully insert their game disc then because when you insert the disc, you're supposed to hear a snapping sound that tells you the disc is securely inserted into place like with the Gamecube. If they had to press the lid for the game to work, I'm assuming they didn't fully snap the disc on and so pressing the lid did it. It's not an issue with me. The Slim PS2 has to have fans or else it would overheat constantly and eventually destroy your PS2. Like with a car for example, if you constantly overheat your engine because of failure to add water or anti-freeze to the recovery tank/radiator, your engine is going to die out sooner than later. The same applies if the fans in your car are not working to cool your engine to a stable temperature.
No, everyone placed the disc correctly and heard the snapping sounds. The Playstation 2 lid had problems. It was kind of loose, so they had to hold it down for a bit in order for the game to start. A few people used two fans on each direction, looking directly on the slim Playstation 2just so it can cool. A few of people told me that the slim Playstation 2 has no fans. I don't know what kind of fans the slim Playstation 2 uses.. I don't know how can it fit,

#27 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

if the slim one is portable, im fine with it.

#28 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

View PostAlan93, on Feb 5 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

Well my slim PS2 would really heat up in just under 2 hours but this is just pointless right now. what could they possibly offer in a scaled down modle that they cant in their regular PS3s, one things for sure and its that im sticking with my Normal/Original PS3
What can a slim PS3 offer that an original PS3 can't?

That's an easy question. It can offer everything the original PS3 has + a more compact design that takes up less space. When you have 4 consoles, a TV, a DVD Player (maybe VHS too or just a DVD/VHS combo), a Stereo, and other appliances in your living room (or wherever)... you're going to want your devices to be as reasonably small as possible so they fit well wherever you decide to place them. A TV can be desired big as it is for viewing stuff, but a console is needed to play games, why not prefer a smaller model over a giant one?

#29 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

Ok maby i walked into that one and some will buy it for its compact design but people like me with a simple setup will fid it pointless

#30 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

View PostAlan93, on Feb 5 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

Ok maby i walked into that one and some will buy it for its compact design but people like me with a simple setup will fid it pointless
True. A slim PS3 will benefit those only with many appliances.

Just out of curiosity though, if you had $1,000 in your pocket and you went to the store to buy a PS3 and found out that it came in 2 models, Large and Slimline, which would you buy?

Personally I would love the lightweight model that is more compact and easier to store.

#31 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

View PostSergio, on Feb 5 2008, 11:36 AM, said:

View PostAlan93, on Feb 5 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

True. A slim PS3 will benefit those only with many appliances.

Just out of curiosity though, if you had $1,000 in your pocket and you went to the store to buy a PS3 and found out that it came in 2 models, Large and Slimline, which would you buy?

Personally I would love the lightweight model that is more compact and easier to store.
I would buy the slim one, if it doesn't have any bad flaws. I don't mind the minor flaws. Bad flaw. Like the slim Playstation 2's lid. You keep opening it a lot and in time, the lid will get a little loose, causing problems with the games..

#32 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

Trays can be just as bad. Some trays end up being faulty and won't eject. I like Wii's take on CD insertion.

#33 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

what does the wii do?

(i dont have one so i dont know)

#34 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:59 PM

View PostSergio, on Feb 5 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

Trays can be just as bad. Some trays end up being faulty and won't eject. I like Wii's take on CD insertion.
Your right, trays can be just as bad but the lids are a little worse and can easily wear out.

#35 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

View PostRabbit, on Feb 5 2008, 12:54 PM, said:

what does the wii do?

You just stick the disk in to a slot in the Wii, rather than opening a lid or opening a tray.

#36 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

View PostRabbit, on Feb 5 2008, 01:54 PM, said:

what does the wii do?

The Wii takes in CD's and ejects them like a CD Player in a car. Just pop it in and eject. I like it more than trays or lids.

#37 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:32 PM

Actuly since you put it like that sergio i would buy the slim because like you say its lightweight and portable and thus making the wireless feture an even greater experiance because you could take it anywhere with a TV

#38 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

Cool nothing wrong with a slim version. Maybe the 360 should do the same.

#39 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

Nah, 360 is good as is imo.

#40 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:01 PM

No way lol. This is totally a lie. New Gen systems already have had issues, not really PS3s. My slim PS2 doesnt have any problems and works great. The PS3 works great, no noise, no overheating, runs smoothly, it has no need 4 upgrades. Microsoft needs to work on their system seriously.

PS3 is like a car CD player too. I like it like this.

Edited by Deadly, 05 February 2008 - 05:04 PM.

#41 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

View PostKing:Mickey, on Feb 5 2008, 04:37 PM, said:

Nah, 360 is good as is imo.
I agree, but I think it would depend on how nice a slim version would look. I won't get one unless I really want it or have the money to just follow the better trend. It is good now too as having it vertical is compact as well.

#42 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:30 PM

I would be all over a slim 360 lol, mine is just taking up too much space right now. But I may just get the slim ps3 since I've been contemplating buying a 3 anyway, might as well get the slim version.

#43 +Virus

+Virus

TASTE THE RAINBOW!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

Don't forget....this isn't true yet.....just the source says they might..

#44 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

Well, it wouldn't be surprising since they've done it with the PS and PS2. And slim versions always were better for me. The slim PS2 was awesome, never had a problem with it. But I went through like three of the bulky ones.

#45 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

The difference between that is, a slim 360 would be kind of cool but they don't really need to. IMO, they really need a slim PS3, as the regular is just too big.

I miss my Gamecube, with the carrying handle on the back.

#46 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

View PostSkull Candy, on Feb 5 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

Don't forget....this isn't true yet.....just the source says they might..
I know. We're just talking about the concept. ^_^

#47 Suzumebachi

Suzumebachi

Jinteki Shakusetsu...

• Code-X Member
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

Despite the slim PS One(I think), all slim versions of every PlayStation came with a new feature, like PS2 slim has a Network Adapter and the Slim PSP has the ability to play games on a TV... and Slim PS3 will have a 160GB Hard Drive!?...
I mean...C'MON Sony, you can do better than that!!

#48 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:59 AM

View PostDeadly, on Feb 5 2008, 11:01 PM, said:

Microsoft needs to work on their system seriously.

True but you can't lie that Sony needs to be careful about whats produced on the PS3. Assassin's Creed needed a major update, The Orange Box lags a lot.

Sony need the produces to work on there games and do a decent job on the PS3 seriously.

#49 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

i know they need to work on games but we r talking about the system. microsoft has system as the PS3 doesnt (not nearly as much).

#50 .ęνo.

.ęνo.

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,724 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

Ok, im all for a Slim PS3 :) my slim PS2 has been great. It has never screwed up/overheated/lid screwed up or anything, and a slim PS2 is about half the size and weight of an original PS2 which is good because mine is always on the move between my mums and dads house. So guess who is buying a slim PS3 :D

EDIT: oops sorry i just realised how old this topic is :blush: