RIOT!

!!!

• Code-X Member
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:51 PM

Follow Up to E3 Preview of WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009 for the XBOX 360

July 15, 2008

E3 Day 1 at the Los Angeles Convention Center- Los Angles, California

First, to clarify some things from the previous articles. The game will also be appearing on the PS2, I accidentally left that out. It is officially shipping in Fall 2008, with THQ strongly hinting that a more accurate ship date would be November 2008. Also, WWE Legends of WrestleMania will probably ship in March 2009.

Now as to the doubts that some of the moves from the independent wrestling scene will appear in the Create-A-Superstar portion of this game, let me remove them. Moves from the top stars from ROH, PWG and other top independent promotions will be in this game. I saw the package piledriver in action. One of the developers frequents PWG shows and has been watching Kevin Steen for years. These guys watch a ton of ROH DVD's. They were excited to see a true wrestling guy walk into their booth and talk wrestling.

The developers and I discussed WWE, ROH and PWG. We spent a few minutes talking about the previous night's Raw conclusion with John Cena apparently being murdered by JBL, before we ever started talking about the game. These guys are smart wrestling fans. Not many people know what cattle mutilation or the Tower of London is, let alone are excited to put in their game. We discussed that they are had to go through some wrangling to change many of the moves names to get them into the game, however they will all be there. These guys really want to make an authentic quality wrestling product. From what I could tell the little things that have bothered fans about the series have frustrated them more.

The developers at THQ were nothing like what I expected, and after this experience I gained a huge amount of respect for them. I assumed they were video game developers working on a pro wrestling game. This is exactly the opposite. These are pro wrestling fans, who got into the business to work on a pro wrestling game. That way they could work on two things they are passionate about. I have rarely spoken with people so educated about pro wrestling.

Now, for a few details I forgot in my first preview. Hornswoggle has not officially been announced for the game, however it was stated in another interview THQ has done that he did his own motion capture for the game. Therefore, it is safe to assume he is in the game. People can also probably guess at a large part of the rest of the roster. Like, since there is an inferno match, Kane is probably in the game. I can write another article trying to fill out the rest of this roster and a lot of the WWE Legends of WrestleMania roster if people want.

The other feature THQ has added to this year's edition of the game that I forgot to mention is that non-submission wrestlers can no longer submit anyone. That means unless a wrestler has a submission equipped as one of their special moves or as 1 of their 2 primary attributes, even if an opponent's limb is fully red, the player is never going to submit their opponent. This takes care of the exploit where wrestlers like Rey Mysterio could submit Undertaker to a surfboard, which would never happen in WWE. Now, Mysterio has to hit the 619 and followed by the West Coast Pop, or he is waisting his time. The move will weaken the Undertaker, making him unlikely to kick out of any pin. However, the Undertaker will never submit to a Mysterio submission hold.

I hope this follow up clarified any questions people had. If people have any more questions or would like another follow up article let me know.

Sincerely,

Jereme Warneck
number1contender.net
Boxing and Video Game Correspondent for f4wonline.com
Hidden Valley Lake, CA

Source: Wrestling Observer

It would be nice that he made it into the game, alot of eople would play with him.

#2 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:53 PM

Ugg. Waste of a spot for someone who should be in. Unless he is just for Finaly or something.

#3 RIOT!

RIOT!

!!!

• Code-X Member
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Jul 21 2008, 06:53 PM, said:

Ugg. Waste of a spot for someone who should be in. Unless he is just for Finaly or something.
OMG!!! lol, maybe he uses the half of the space!!! lol,

I would like to see how would he fight! and see his moves

#4 Jeff Sparx

Jeff Sparx

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

he would prob use his antics as signatures.and a tadpole splash as a fin.

#5 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

That's not enough for a moveset...standing attacks, quick grapples, strong grapples, ultimate control grapples is just part of a moveset. 5 grapples of pranks and a frog splash isn't enough for a moveset. Just because he did a motion capture doesn't mean he is in the game. I'm still backing my theory as him being a NPC, they could be motion capturing him for Season mode or a match celebration when you win as Finlay.

Edited by Dday141, 21 July 2008 - 07:19 PM.

#6 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

Im with Dday on this, Hornswoggle probly will be a NPC.

#7 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:50 AM

I hope to God that Hornswoggle is a finisher. Yes, a finisher.

Think about it. Execute your secondary Finlay finisher and you get an animation with Hornswoggle coming out to distract your opponent and then the referee, while Finlay hits the guy with his weapon.

#8 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:01 AM

I hope Hornswoggle is a seperate character or when you choose Finaly you can select to be either.

#9 KrossFire

KrossFire

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:37 AM

horny in the game would be cool, but i wouldn't play as him especially against the great khali lol, it would be cool if the was in a tag match or finlay's manager and their tag team finisher was the shillalah to the tadpole splash tho

#10 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:57 AM

View Post.ʞrossFire., on Jul 22 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

horny in the game would be cool, but i wouldn't play as him especially against the great khali lol, it would be cool if the was in a tag match or finlay's manager and their tag team finisher was the shillalah to the tadpole splash tho

Well while the SD!/ECW Superstars were on tour Finlay & Hornswoggle def. The Great Khali.

Anyway I would be Hornswoggle & verse Khali because like on SVR08 Mysterio can pick up Snitsky or any other strong person which is so not realistic so I think they will do the same on SVR09.

#11 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

I hope you can use his water pistol :P
I can see him being NPC for cutscenes. Tadpole Splash wouldnt be in because it is just a Bog standard Frog Splash renamed

#12 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:05 AM

View PostTornado, on Jul 22 2008, 08:00 PM, said:

I hope you can use his water pistol :P
I can see him being NPC for cutscenes. Tadpole Splash wouldnt be in because it is just a Bog standard Frog Splash renamed

True.

#13 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

Are you serious? A real waste. WTF are we supposed to do with him. It's not like he can beat anything above a light heavyweight. Might be funny in cut scenes, but oh wait didn't 08 have the same cut scenes, every week. <_<

#14 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

Yeah Imagine Hes Fully playable Doing A Flip Bottom Or Cop Killah On Great Khali lol

#15 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:19 PM

View PostHARGY, on Jul 22 2008, 01:56 PM, said:

Yeah Imagine Hes Fully playable Doing A Flip Bottom Or Cop Killah On Great Khali lol
uh no, dont wanna.

Sergio's suggestion would be pretty cool... it would get old fast tho, especially if youre fighting someone who does finisher 20× a match lol.

It would make sense as a signature move, which if I'm not mistaken can only be done once per match? kinda like when you were in danger in DoR2.

#16 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

Oh I Thought i Had Something there lol

#17 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

He will probably be a Non-Playable Character, while the PS2 users with cheat with him if they have online.

#18 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

sergio said:

Think about it. Execute your secondary Finlay finisher and you get an animation with Hornswoggle coming out to distract your opponent and then the referee, while Finlay hits the guy with his weapon.
great idea sergio. that would be great to see. but wouldnt he be too small to grapple your opponents just like when you hack a superstar to about his height?

#19 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

View Post.MVP., on Jul 22 2008, 08:44 PM, said:

sergio said:

great idea sergio. that would be great to see. but wouldnt he be too small to grapple your opponents just like when you hack a superstar to about his height?
No, he was saying how he should pop up in the animation the same way The Boogeyman used to be in the Parking Lot Brawl animation where he pops out of the hurst to scare the opponent for a while. But Hornswoggle would come, distract the ref while Finlay hits the oppenent with the Shalielgh. My only problem is...where the Shelielgh going to come from and where it is going to go? Just appear and disappear? :mellow:

#20 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

i know that. i was talking about if he was an in game character if you would be able to grapple your opponents

#21 V Death Row V

V Death Row V

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:23 AM

I think it would be a waste of time to put him as a playable....seriously u could destroy him with 1 move......If u can even grapple him <_<

#22 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

Finlay Would Obviously Bring The Shalielgh Out In His Entrance

#23 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:18 AM

If Hornswoggle is in the game, I would like him to be a finisher because Hornswoggle wouldn't work at an actual superstar, he is to small and... it just wouldn't work.

#24 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:38 AM

Horny could come out with Finlay. Finlay brings the Shalielgh. When they reach the ring, Finlay gives it to Horny who ducks under the ring.

Problem solved. When finlay hits finisher. Horny comes out with Shalielgh slides it to Finlay and then continues to run about like a mental case.

#25 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:59 AM

View PostJericho, on Jul 23 2008, 02:18 AM, said:

If Hornswoggle is in the game, I would like him to be a finisher because Hornswoggle wouldn't work at an actual superstar, he is to small and... it just wouldn't work.
Thanks For Pointing Out The Obvious