#1 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:35 AM

Stimulus Map Pack
Modern Warfare 2

Modern Warfare 2 has had it's ups and downs since release back in late 2009, With game breaking glitches and more recently two of the Studio Heads were fired for insubordination. But lets get past that by saying it has reached over 25 million UU's, Also it's the biggest selling game of 2009 despite its Q4 release and even the most Pirated game of 2009. Boasting to be the biggest release ever has finally got its first Map-Pack and it is hitting the XBL marketplace first on the 30th March, Followed later by It's release on the PSN and PC Network via Steam.

The Price for the Package will be 1200 MS points which translated into Money is $14.99(USD) and £10(GBP), Some say its expensive, But if it is going to keep you playing the game for a further couple weeks its is certainly worth the money.

Source: IGN | Send us a message: @cdxnetwork (via Twitter) or on the CDX Forum. | Checkout GamerZone on Flickr.

#2 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

SWEET! :D

So an overall of 5 new maps?

#3 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

Yepp. 5 maps. This was actually all announced a week or so ago.

#4 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

It's cool that were getting 5 maps but only some of them are new which I think is a bit disappointing. But overall it's good.

#5 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

Im shocked that they didnt put Backlot, Crossfire or Shipment in, another 3 maps that made the game what it was lol.

#6 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:41 AM

View PostHargy, on 25 March 2010 - 04:31 PM, said:

Im shocked that they didnt put Backlot, Crossfire or Shipment in, another 3 maps that made the game what it was lol.

There is hope for Shipment in the next Pack, I think the way that they are doing it is in each pack you will have three new maps and two old maps, Which too me is pretty neat so there is hope in the next pack.

I Know this is old news but the trailer is brand new and I wanted to write something up about #MW2

#7 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

Its a shame that all the maps in the gam arent half as good as the new ones. But 1200 MP is an outrage. £15 for 3 new maps and 2 recycled map. LOL IW!

#8 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

The price is a bit steep, but the current maps feel so boring now, and the new ones look much better designed - hopefully you can't get shot at from 18 different directions at any given point on the map. It will be interesting to see how CoD4 maps play on MW2, I never owned MW1 so I haven't played Crash & Overgrown to death, only a little at a friends house, so its all good for me. :P

#9 Syc

Syc

Social Syc is Successful

• Code-X Member
  • 3,190 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

View PostDie Brüderschaft, on 26 March 2010 - 04:20 PM, said:

Its a shame that all the maps in the gam arent half as good as the new ones. But 1200 MP is an outrage. £15 for 3 new maps and 2 recycled map. LOL IW!

I agree. If it was 800 points, it wouldn't have been a problem. But 1200 points for 5 maps alone? It's nonsense.

#10 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

One of my friends is getting me a $20 PSN card for my birthday, so 5 maps here I come. :)

Or maybe I should wait for other map packs?

#11 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

800Ms points seem good for 3 new maps. 1600Ms points seems a rip of for 3 maps and what could be a DLC key for the other 2 maps (If there still on the disc that is).

#12 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:22 AM

View PostDie Brüderschaft, on 26 March 2010 - 04:20 PM, said:

Pricing isn't IW`s fault blame it on Activision the greedy *******s, and its £10 for the maps or $15 if your American.

#13 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:30 AM

Reagrdless, its still a piss-take. But the sad thing is people will still buy it, so they can put prices this high. I'll probably buy them when they are deal of the week or something.

#14 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

After seeing the price, dont think im buying these anytime soon :P

#15 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

I don't think it's that bad of a price..$3 per map..not that bad and if you play every once in a while you'll get good use outta the new maps.

#16 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:52 AM

To go along with the New Map-Pack today there are some ingame updates also, This is direct from http://fourzerotwo.com/

If you’re an Xbox Live player on Modern Warfare 2, there are some big updates hitting tomorrow (March 30th) in the early morning. Included in those are:

The Stimulus Package (Downloadable Content)

The first dlc for Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer hits exclusively first on Xbox Live. It’ll be coming to other platforms at a later date as well, but tomorrow morning you’ll be able to download the 5 new maps including Bailout (seen above), Salvage, Storm, and my favorite classic maps Crash and Overgrown.

Double XP

Originally planned to do it this weekend, but we’ve decided to throw the Double XP switch early when the new maps hit. So jump online with the new DLC and check out the two new DLC specific playlists.

Stimulus and Hardcore Stimulus Playlists

These two playlists are 100% dedicated to the new maps, and are Double XP enabled. So jump on and experienced the new DLC you downloaded, get double XP, and experience all your favorite gametypes along with some hardcore variants of them.

Ranger maps added to HCHQ

We’re adding a few maps to the Hardcore Headquarters Pro playlist on Xbox Live, allowing you now play all the Ranger maps in this gametype, something I know a lot of users have been asking for! These maps include Highrise, Invasion, Skidrow, and Terminal.

Title Update

Along side the DLC, but something ALL of our users will get, is a title update for Modern Warfare 2. Included in this update is support for the DLC (if you choose to purchase it), as well as some tweaks to the One Man Army perk, some matchmaking updates that will help our international users find more locally hosted games thanks to how ping is now sorted, and various other code updates that will help improve the overall quality of multiplayer on Modern Warfare 2.

There is no exact time you can expect all this, I’d say early morning when traffic is at its lowest, but by the time you wake up and get online I’m sure it will be available to most of you on March 30th! See you online all this week!

Finally more adjustments to the global matchmaking system, Once they have the system sorted out they can focus on all the other issues with the game.

#17 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

What are they changing on the One Man Army perk?

#18 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:10 AM

To be honest I do not know, But it probably has something to do with the Danger Close Noobtubing. Iv tried searching to see what exactly has changed but come up with nothing as of right now.

EDIT: After doing a bit of searching on the IW forums the tweak is it takes longer to change class.

Before:
One Man Army 6 seconds to switch
One Man Army Pro 3 seconds to switch
After:
One man Army 10 seconds to switch
One Man Army Pro 6 seconds to switch

Which still doesn't stop the Danger Close/Noobtube combo

#19 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:47 AM

Instead of making a new Topic I shall continue posting news to this topic.

Anyway a Update for you PC and Ps3 users, Direct from Robert Bowlings Twitter account @402 He has posted this recently.

The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package DLC will hit PS3 in North America on May 4th, everywhere else May 5th. PC gets it worldwide on May 4th

And here is a little article from vg247 about the Map Pack which can be viewed here.

#20 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:01 AM

I am hating that "tweak" to the OMA perk.

I did use it to nube toob, but in my defense that was to upgrade my danger close. Now I use it for a change from SMG to Assualt Rifle to Sniper Rifle. But that's out the window now, pretty much useless perk now.

#21 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:06 AM

Its not really that game breaking but I'm glad I have done all the challenges for OMA already and got the title and emblems, Because its been nurfed completely like the 1887`s.

#22 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:02 AM

Everyone was saying it would come out for PS3 on April 29th, now May 4th... I know it's not too long away but still...

#23 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:53 AM

That was straight from the source, It isn't too long for you anyway, At least the launch for you guys would be a lot smoother compared to the Joke that was 360 Launch.