Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

Stimulus Package Review
Modern Warfare 2
Posted Image

Once again something new from me I will keep it simple and to the point, There were a lot of issues regarding the release of this Pack and for once it wasn't InfinityWard or Activisions fault...Shocking right! It was all Microsoft releasing the Map pack first before the Title Update that including some other changes which have been covered including a quick overview of the Map-Pack itself Here.

So you have five Maps included with this package, three brand new ones and two classics from Call of Duty:4, So lets break them down.

Bailout:
One of my favourites from this package, bailout takes place in a apartment complex and a outside area, Its a urban environment map, Its very reminiscent of Broadcast from Call of Duty:4 with the outside area and the close combat in the inside, I can see the inside being the focus of most of the combat. When playing this map have a shotgun secondary or you will not stand much of a chance inside, The outside is your standard assault and snipe fest. And its one of the bigger maps you would more likely see in Ground War.

Crash:
Got to love the classic map, Not to much to say here if you have played CoD: 4 you will know this map inside out, I dont have much to say on this map as most people who brought Modern Warfare 2 also played Call of Duty:4.

Overgrown:
Pretty much the same as above another classic that got re-skinned and match the up to date IW engine.

Salvage:
This is a entertaining map set in a snowy junk-yard but also a frustrating map, On the one side this is a rush map, You dont have time to sit and get your camping stool or you will die, So there is a lot of action, The main negative is that there are so many angles where the opposing team con come from you could end up dieing a lot and possibly doing the old rage quit, Which is why communication is key during objective gametypes. And finally there is no where to hide when it comes to kill streaks so arm a Cold Blooded/Stinger class as soon as a enemy Killsteak is in the air.

Storm:
Storm is a Rundown industrial complex with a storm incoming. This is a lesser played map out of the Stimulus Package. I haven't had too much time to get down with this map, Things that I have learned about it is that this is a little mix of Vacant and a mix of Downpour, It has elements from both maps and I liked both of those maps on Call of Duty:4, There are multiple areas for confrontations I've managed to have firefights in loads of different spots so far, Its a fairly decent Map but it hasnt come up on the Rotation too much though.

Overall:

Its a fairly decent, Each map has its own unique setting, You have your close combat situations, Midrange to long range situations its a fairly balanced Map-Pack, The learning curve may take a while to find your own balance on these maps, But its the same with any-other DLC I would recommend going into a Private Match and just getting a feel for the maps before you go into Public Matches. Weather you think its worth the big price tag that's your choice.

Final thoughts:
Do I think this is worth the 1200MSP that I paid(£10 or $15), It may be a while before I get my money's worth on this Pack, But if you are getting bored with the current maps then I would say go ahead with the purchase, If not you can always jump onto Call of Duty:4 to get your fix of Crash and Overgrown, I'm not here to say to all you guys to go ahead and buy it this is all my thoughts on the maps, If you are a weekend player then I would say No unless you plan on playing it more because due to the price of the pack it may be a while before you get your moneys worth, If your more of a player who puts a few hours a day into the game then go ahead you will be fulfilled with the new maps.

Send us a message: @cdxnetwork (via Twitter) or on the CDX Forum. | Checkout GamerZone on Flickr.

#2 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

Nice review hicks but when i do get this im getting it only for the CoD4 maps, hope they make a CoD4 only map pack :)

#3 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

Can't believe i spent 1200 MPS on this shit. Its good, but for sure not worth the money.

#4 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

I'll probably get this when it comes out for the PS3 if it goes down to $10...

#5 Solid Snake

Solid Snake

I'm not a hero. Never have been, never will be.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 01 April 2010 - 05:39 PM, said:

I'll probably get this when it comes out for the PS3 if it goes down to $10...
Doubt it will drop unless theres a sale, map packs rarely drop on PSN for what I've seen.

#6 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:47 AM

@Hargy
I understand that a few people who I know of, have only brought the Pack for crash and count the other 4 maps as a bonus.

@TRS & Green Reaper
Ps3 Price drop will be unlikely apparently the PC users may be getting a Price cut though, But I will know more as the Date for you guys approaches.

#7 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

Oh well... I'll probably give in and buy the maps then. :(